Central Sewage System
Vecinos is working with both government officials on a public system system and with the developers of the 100 acre property on the jungle side of the road that includes Laguna Lagartos to potentially join a private system
- Vecinos worked with Central Akumal to complete a system that would service Central Akumal, Akumal Norte and Akumal Pueblo.
- Surveyors marked out the system in Akumal Norte
- The system would work for environmental protection for our mangrove, reef and bay and Yalku Lagoon.
- However, government delays (expect four years minimum) have made it sensible to pursue a private system as well
- Development of 100 acre property on jungle side of the road will include a private sewage system
- Vecinos is exploring the possibility of Akumal Norte connecting to it and is sharing flow rates and other details
- Cost of connecting to private system likely to be more reasonable than cost of connecting to a government system
- Timing expected to be similar or possibly quicker to than a government system, so Vecinos is pursuing both options